TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
It’s kind of ironic that you just pushed play on this episode, while I’ve been over here putting off recording it for months. No joke, months! Why? Because I’ve been suffering from Imposter Syndrome myself.
Maybe you’ve been plagued with this in your business as well? I've been showing up live in my Facebook group and on Instagram for 3 years, but podcasting is a brand new platform and that comes with brand new fears!
It’s easy for me to talk about overcoming Impostor Syndrome because it’s something I’ve battled many times in the course of my entrepreneurial journey and it won’t be the last!
In this episode, I’m going to break down everything you need to know about Imposter Syndrome: What is it? Why does it show up? What are the signs you’re suffering from it? Most importantly I’m sharing what you can do to overcome Imposter Syndrome when it rears its ugly head!
My best tips for overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Look for the evidence that you are qualified.
- Find the momentum to support your new identity.
- Think like the next-level version of yourself.
A breakdown of this episode
- [1:59 ] Imposter Syndrome: the definition and how you can spot it.
- [2:21] The first time I faced imposter syndrome.
- [3:30] We meet again: my second encounter with Imposter Syndrome.
- [4:15] The easiest way we can sabotage ourselves and our audience.
- [4:57] Tip #1 Look for the evidence that you ARE qualified. You may be asking yourself: who am I to (fill in the blank)? Who am I to claim this title? When I went into business for myself as a career coach, I asked myself the same thing! But the reality was that I had 12 years of recruiting and staffing experience in addition to a title and a position. The evidence was there. Yours is too. You just have to find it.
- [5:59] Tip #2: Find the momentum to support your new identity. A book I recently read called Atomic Habits by James Clear says “Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your beliefs, but as the votes build up, so does the evidence of your new identity.”
- [7:13] Tip #3 Think like the next-level version of yourself. This will require some effort and imagination, but humor me. What does she think? What does she feel? Close your eyes and envision it, or better yet, journal it. What comes naturally to her that is uncomfortable to you now? Try making decisions out of her brain, out of her confidence, and see what is possible now.
You had me at GIVEAWAY! 🍾
That’s right, I’m popping champs to celebrate getting this podcast off the ground! I created this podcast for listeners like you, so I’m saying thank you for your support by doing a giveaway:
3 listeners will randomly be selected to win:
- My favorite book Atomic Habits by James Clear.
- A 30 min 1:1 business coaching session with yours truly ($997 value).
- My favorite notebook from Ban.do (including my brand stickers).
- And 1 lucky winner will get all of the above, PLUS a set of Apple AirPods ($159 value).
To enter, just subscribe to the podcast and leave a review, then email us a screenshot of it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll be emailing the winners (on August 12, 2020) and giving you a shoutout on my Instagram (make sure to send us your IG handle)!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show HERE so you never miss an episode!
If you really love what you’re hearing, take a minute to leave 5 stars and a review. Leave a comment, letting me know what you loved most about this episode!
It only takes a few minutes and every time you do, it allows me to empower more women to show up in their business like they were always meant to with confidence and freedom.